The literal translation of Nasi Goreng is “fried rice” in Indonesian and Malaysian – and that’s exactly what it is! It’s mainly rice with just a little bit of meat and just onion for the vegetables. The thing that distinguishes it from other Fried Rice dishes is the sauce which is made with kecap manis, a sweet soy sauce that stains the rice dark brown and caramelises the rice when it cooks.
Typically it’s served with a sunny side up egg (love how the yolk runs into the rice!) and a side of fresh cucumber and tomato (no dressing) to make a meal of it.
Bánh dâu tây dừa Bangkok trong 5 phút
Nasi Goreng is the popular Indonesian fried rice which is traditionally served with a fried egg. I love the unique dark brown, caramelised colour of the rice! It’s a simple recipe, you won’t need to hunt down any unusual ingredients, and it’s one of my favourite Indonesian foods – and I’m betting you will love it too.
Put the rice in a pan with 400ml boiling water. Stir once, bring to a simmer, then cover and turn the heat right down. Cook for 15 minutes, then take off the heat and leave on a damp tea towel or cloth for five minutes with the lid off. Fork through to fluff up, then spread on a baking tray and refrigerate, overnight if possible.Cook the rice in boiling water, drain, spread out on an oven tray to cool down, then refrigerate.
- Heat oil in a large skillet or wok over high heat.
- Add chili and garlic, stir for 10 seconds.
- Add onion, cook for 1 minute.
- Add chicken, cook until it mostly turns white, then add 1 tbsp kecap manis and cook for a further 1 minute or until chicken is mostly cooked through and a bit caramelized.
Put all the ingredients for the paste in a small blender or mortar and whizz or pound until fairly smooth.Grind all the ingredients for the spice paste.
Heat 1 tbsp oil in a large frying pan over medium heat. Pour in the beaten egg and, as it begins to cook, use a spatula to bring large flakes of cooked egg into the middle of the omelet. Continue to cook like this for a couple of mins, then leave the rest of the egg to set completely. Flip the omelet over and transfer to a plate to cool before cutting it into long, thin shreds.Fry the garlic until golden, then add the eggs and leave to cook until semi-set and brown at the edges.
Drop the beans into a pan of boiling salted water and cook for 3 mins. Drain, refresh under cold water, and set aside.
Add the rice by hand, breaking up any clumps as you go, and fry until heated through, then stir in the kecap manis, soy sauce, spring onion, and chili.Stir in the spice paste, then add the rice, breaking it up as you do so. Add the soy, spring onion, and chili, and stir-fry.
Spoon the nasi goreng onto warmed plates. Overlap the cucumber and tomato on the side of each plate, sprinkle over the crispy fried onions and serve with prawn crackers.
Khẩu phần ăn 500
Phần ăn 5
- Số lượng cho mỗi phần ăn
- Lượng calo 450
- Calo từ chất béo 350
- % Giá trị hàng ngày *
- Tổng số chất béo 180g277%
- Chất béo bão hòa 110g550%
- Chất béo trans 130g
- Cholesterol 250mg84%
- Natri 850mg36%
- Kali 240mg7%
- Tổng carbohydrate 800g267%
- Chất xơ 68g272%
- Đường 8g
- Chất đạm 89g178%
* Phần trăm Giá trị Hàng ngày dựa trên chế độ ăn 2.000 calo. Giá trị hàng ngày của bạn có thể cao hơn hoặc thấp hơn tùy thuộc vào nhu cầu calo của bạn.
1. Kecap Manis (sometimes called Ketjap Manis) is an Indonesian sweet soy sauce that is thicker than other soy sauces. Sometimes just labelled as "sweet soy sauce".
Also easy to make your own! Just combine 1/4 cup ordinary soy sauce (I use Kikkoman) and 1/4 cup brown sugar over medium heat. Bring to a simmer and reduce until it becomes a maple syrup consistency. It will thicken more when it cools.
2. Chilli - I use 2 birds eye or Thai red chillies, adds a mild warmth, doesn't make it spicy. Adjust to taste. Chilli paste can also be used instead - add it when you add the rice.
Still tasty WITHOUT shrimp paste. SUB with more kecap mans OR 1 tbsp fish sauce!
3. Storage - as with all fried rice, it keeps great for a day or two in the fridge then I find it gets a bit dry. Salvage it with a sprinkle of water then microwave it - makes it all steamy and moist again! Do the same if you freeze it.
4. Nutrition per serving including egg.